Friday, October 10, 2008

My birthday awesomeness!




I’m telling you, one of the best parts of being married is having birthdays! Why? Because I have the best wife ever who spoils me rotten! Ok, here it is; the birthday run down.

We woke up at the usual time. My darling wife got up two hours early to finish preparing some things and make me homemade pancakes! So, after getting woke up by a hug and a kiss and a gourmet breakfast, and a huge happy birthday sign, we headed of for Nicolle’s classes. While there, I studied in the library and reflected on how many birthdays I have had in the past where I have had exams and such to take. In the last eight years there have only been three years (this year included) that I have not had to fill in the bubble or write something. Homework, I can deal with, but... well, I digress…

After Nicolle’s class got out, we headed for the first part of our adventure! I didn’t know she had been planning some things for a month, and first on the list was a picnic in Mexico City's equivalent of central park. She had everything needed packed in her backpack for our lunch of chicken salad sandwiches, salads, juice, and triple chocolate cheese cake (yah, best wife ever, she made it!). After that, we walked around and explored the grounds which were quite interesting, considering Chapultepec Park has a castle in the middle of it! The park was quite pretty with many large rocks, grassy areas, reflecting ponds with fountains, and tons of monuments. These all provided a myriad of places for photo shots, which is one of our favorite pastimes on hot dates, especially because Nicolle got a new sun dress to surprise me!

After the park and the picnic and the exploring we jumped on the subway for the trek home. I thought we would spend the remainder of the evening relaxing and maybe watching a movie or something, but there were other plans… So, shortly after we arrived home Nicolle sent me up stairs to our land lady's house for an “errand.” I didn’t think anyone was home because the lights were all off, and there were blankets hanging in the window…but, being the dutiful husband that I am, I knocked anyway. I was answered by my land lady shouting SURPRISE!!!! That’s right, there was a surprise birthday party with Huberto, friends from our church, and some kids from the youth group! It was sooooo much fun. There was pizza, pop, and cake, and lots of pictures!

God has truly blessed me with good friends and a wonderful wife! And yes, I am a quarter of a century old. Haha! =)

No comments: