Tuesday, August 12, 2008

next update



Friends,

TONIGHTS BIG STORY!!!! This just in, Jon and Nicolle Reid have been married for ONE YEAR!!! Ok, just so you know, this last Sunday makes the third time I have successfully surprised Nicolle sense I have known here; truly a landmark experience. Yes, as I was saying, Nicolle is very difficult to surprise, but I managed to pull it off with the help of some friends both old and new. Here is what went down. Last Sunday Nicolle and I went over to a friends house for lunch after church. She thought we were invited, actually it was all a red haring! I actually arranged the whole thing to get her out of the house. As soon as the appropriate time came, I told her why my socks didn’t match (which she vehemently complained about), I wanted them to match my dress slacks and dress shoos, which would match my jacket, and would go great with her NEW DRES! Yah, she was surprised, and then I wiped out the tickets for the show, and she was even more surprised. It was great! Just like Carry Grant, I invited my woman out for a night on the town, and had a dress waiting for her. It was like a fairy tail adventure! We finished off the evening at a swanky restaurant listening to staple lounge music from the 40’s and eating positively fabulous food. Oh, did I mention, when we got there we had a table waiting for us, with candles, flowers, and a card. Oh yah, I pulled out all the stops, no holds back, all in baby! What can I say, I love her! =)

In other news, please stop sending the hate mail, this letter is only one day late. I know, I messed a week a little bit ago…but that is water under the bridge. I have a good excuse, and a lesson learned: don’t let a Jr. High student whom is un wise about what links to click on use your computer unsupervised. That is what I did, and know I have untold computer problems, bugs, tracking cookies…you just wouldn’t believe it. Don’t fear for the life of your computer, it is under control, but Nicolle spend the better part of a day trying to get my lap top back on its feet.

Please pray for: the continued health of my computer, that Nicolle’s second school choice would work out, for the kids of this community, that God would continue to work in their lives and help Huberto and I to minister to their needs.

—Shalom.


No comments: