Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fun and Games


To my dearest friends and family,
Yes, this update is very, very late. Better late then never! There is a simple reason for this: HOMEWORK! This is the last time I will be able to use that excuse however, because I AM FINISHED WITH ALL OF MY ASSIGNMENTS!!!!! Thank you all so much for your prayers concerning this, and my health. It was tough coming into the last weeks with projects due and feeling under the weather. But, by God’s grace I am better, and the projects are done. Yesterday I printed 70 some pages of papers and projects that I have been working on over the course of my time here. All of this, plus pictures, and a DVD of me teaching must be sent no later then Saturday so that all of the materials make it to my teacher in time. It feels really good to put on the finishing touches, burn a few CD’s, and get all the stuff packaged up! Again, thank you for your prayers.
Not that it has been all work and no play. Last Sunday afternoon I was blessed with the opportunity to spend some time with friends and a few students from our youth group and a neighboring church. We gathered at the local seminary to play games. I got some really great shots of my friends playing soccer, and other games; I also got to play basket ball with them, but I don’t think there are any pictures of that. If you get a chance and want to see the new stuff, go to my blog and click on the photo link entitled “Fun and Games”.
Things to look forward to: Thanks giving dinner with our friends the Poulette’s. I am making sweet potato fluff, and I am trying to talk Nicolle into making chocolate cheese cake!!! Next, I am preaching in “big church” the Sunday after next; and for the youth group the following Sunday. Nicolle and I are really excited about the plans that are being hatched for a home-made-pizza-and-movie-night adventure with some friends of ours at the church. That should be going down in 2ish weeks. Lastly, WE ARE COMING HOME IN 27 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yah, just a little excited about that haha!



Please pray for: a change in the attitudes of the kids in our colonia regarding church (its not scary, boring, bad, un cool, etc.); rejoicing with me that my homework is done! Also, please pray for my preaching preparations; for our ministry with our core kids and strengthening their faith; for our continued relationships and opportunity to reach out to the youth in our colonia; and please pray that we would find a cheep apartment in Huntington that will meet our needs, and jobs to pay for it.
—Shalom.

No comments: