Monday, November 10, 2008

To my dearest friends and family,
Your prayers are greatly appreciated in the following areas. I am sick, again. I had a head cold, it almost went away, and then I got an infection in one of my saliva glands in my cheek. This in turn spread to my beloved tonsils, which brought back the head cold, which has recently moved to my chest…On top of that, I am going to be preaching three to four times before I go home and I need the Holy Spirit’s guidance on subjects and words, and help with Spanish. Lastly, for my homework load. I’m almost finished, but there is still much to be done.
Not much news to tell besides home work and preparing to preach. There is not really a lot of extra time for adventures. However, this last week, Nicolle and I had the opportunity to baby sit for my PRIME mentor’s two kids. We told Dennis and his wife that if they ever wanted to go out on a hot date, Nicolle and I would be HAPPY to come over, watch his kids, watch there cable TV, and eat all there food (haha). So, he and his wife went out for an evening with friends, I got to play with Nathan (about three or four years old I think) and his play-do, and Nicolle sat and read with Ben on her lap (a few months). It was a fun night!
If you have a chance to go check out our Blog you can see some of the shenanigans we have been up too in the kitchen!
Nicolle and I are looking forward to coming back to the Motherland in 35 days. We are currently looking for an apartment in the Huntington area, but finding this search to be a bit difficult. It seems that none of the landlords we talk to can hold an apartment for our return without rent, even if we put down the deposit. The problem is, we cannot afford to pay for a place that we are not staying in. This is also something we would like prayer on.
Speaking of renting apartments, our landlady actually showed our apartment tonight to some perspective renters for when we leave. It was kind of funny to have people walking through our house, which was a wreak because she just dropped by and said “I’m bring some people by to look at the place in about an hour and a half.” Ha, ha!


Please pray for: a change in the attitudes of the kids in our colonia regarding church (its not scary, boring, bad, un cool, etc.); my school load, for getting homework done; for our ministry with our core kids and strengthening their faith; for our continued relationships and out reach with the youth or our colonia; for my homework load; and for finding an apartment in the states.
—Shalom.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess all that peanut butter you've been scarfing down isn't high enough in vitamin C! Take care of yourself young man. Much love and prayers.