Saturday, June 21, 2008

last day


Interesting food for fact...Mexicans find it more insulting to be called “unhappy” than “loser”

(Right: me and my favorite teacher at language school)

Even thought it is an absolutely beautiful day this Saturday is bitter sweet for me. Yesterday was my last day at school, mi ultima dia! I can’t believe that one month has gone by already. Tomorrow Nicolle and I are going to Mexico City after church, and even though I am REALLY excited about going and working with Huberto and the Kids I am sad to leave our host family. They have been really kind to us, bending over backwards to meet our every whim. And their kids have been really nice to us too, never missing an opportunity to play, and helping me with or help me with my home work. And even though Terrible tried to eat my Spanish/English dictionary I am going to miss him too, and Caspian, the by-lingual dog. Such is life.

I believe that my time here was well spent. I am now much more confident with my Spanish. I do not speak perfectly but I can communicate ideas and understand a lot more than just three weeks ago. I had a great time with my teacher and I plan to stay in contact with a few. Check out my photo bucket for a few pics of school and my teachers.

Today, relax. Tomorrow, church AND MEXICO CITY!

Jon

1 comment:

Jon said...

So your fluent now right? I am excited about being able to speak in spanish to you when we get back. I hope I can pick up more of it. Right now, I am super simple. Hope the trip to Mexico City went great. I'm working on the pics. How much does it cost to hire your wife to do mine too?