Monday, September 8, 2008

Holy beginings

Dear friends, family, and anyone else that may be reading this,

This week has been a little on the slow side. Still trying to get back in the loop after our vacation. My biggest story to tell, unfortunately, has no pictures to accompany it. Please be advised that what I am about to tell you is a true story. Under no circumstances should you try to repeat, or reenact what I am about to share with you, the viewer audience!
What bums me the most about this story is that I literally missed everything by 25 minutes. Anyway, I had just finished another day of office work with Huberto and he and I left for home at about 6:00pm. About 20 minutes later, while the pastor and a few others were setting up the church in preparation for the married couples counseling group, this lady stopped by to say hello to someone she knew. As it turned out, she was pregnant…very pregnant! I am not sure how the order of events took place after that, but the short and long of it is she ended up giving birth to her baby in one of the Sunday school rooms!!! From what I heard there were some minor complications a day or two later, but that the baby and its Mom were in the Hospital and doing well. Too cool!
In other news, Nicolle has taught me another useful skill that will provide hours of avoiding home work in the future. That’s right, I have learned how to do a little crocheting! We are working on a blanket right now, her first large piece of work. So large that she recruited me to help! I’m not complaining, I actually like it because it doesn’t take a lot of brain power, but keeps you from feeling like a zombie when watching T.V. Good stuff!


Please pray for: me as I plan and teach on Saturdays, Huberto’s and my ministry with the kids, that God would open their hearts for His gospel, For more Spanish (to understand, and be understood), and for Nicolle as she starts classes at the end of this month. THANK YOU!

No comments: