Sunday, September 28, 2008

School!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Friends and Family,
This just in on tonight’s breaking news, my darling wife has just started classes this last week! My informants tell me that there will be exciting pictures on Photo bucket in the coming weeks (visit my blog for the pics http://jonnicolleinmexico.blogspot.com/). This last Monday Nicolle and I went to this school that Huberto and our pastor told us about. She took the written placement exam, and got signed up for classes. On Wednesday she returned for a half day of classes. She participated in a kind of oral exam/get to know you activity and found that she is about in the middle of the class as far as overall ability. This last Friday was her first whole day. She says she doesn’t have any thoughts about it yet, its school. But we think that these classes are going to be really good thing; actually, a Godsend! This school is less then 15 minutes away by buss, has exactly the kinds of language classes Nicolle wanted to further her Spanish, and costing a fraction of the other schools we looked at. And, another bones, I have been accompanying Nicolle to classes (a good thing to do in the big city) and studying in the library which will really help on the home work front. We really only have two months and 15 days left here, and I really don’t’ want to be cramming projects in the last three weeks that I am hear. That being said, my goal is to finish all assignments by the end of the first week of November. Definitely doable.
In other news, I just attended a Youth Ministry conference with my PRIME mentor Dennis Poulette (recently returned from the States), Huberto, and a few of his youth ministry students. It was big fun! I got to hear Josh McDowell speak and was quite impressed with the amount of Spanish he could speak. After he finished his break out session, I got to meet him and speak with him for a little while. He is quite personable, smart, and has a good sense of humor! I really appreciated what he is doing by helping ministers here in Mexico, because big things are happening hear, youth ministry is on the ground floor and needs all of the trained help it can get.
As cheese as this might sound, one of the highlights of the trip was the ride to and from the conference! I had a lot of fun with the other college students riding on the subway and such. They are fun! (again, see the blog for more pics!)

ease pray for: My school load, for getting home work done; for Nicolle and her classes, and for our ministry hear with the kids.
—Shalom.

No comments: