Friday, July 11, 2008

Movie night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ok, so the church bought a new projector for the worship services and I helped put it up. It is pretty cool, and much brighter than the old projector. This has two, count em two benefits: one, the youth group gets the old projector in the youth room. Cool!!! And two, the new projector is bright enough to show movies!!!! Ok, ok, so there are probably more benefits than two, but those are the ones that directly affect me and my ministry with the kids! Selfish? Possibly. I am straining for a higher level of sanctification every day but I still get excited about such things as MOVIE NIGHTS WITH THE KIDS!!!

On Wednesday last, we invited a bunch of kids from the youth group and from around the block and told them to bring a pillow and a pop and we would bring the movie and popcorn. It worked beautifully!!!! Gloria a Dios! There were 14 kids there from age 17 all the way down to 4 (I’m not sure how the three little tikes made it, I think they were cousins of someone). Here is the best part, I believe for at least 7 or 8 of them it was their first time in the church! It was a great step in gaining relationships in the neighborhood, and I am really looking forward to the next movie night. Thank you for your prayers everyone, I covet them.

P.S. sorry, no pictures. I need to have my camera permanently attached to my face so I can capture all of these exciting moments for all yalls (I think that is vosotros in Spanish).

No comments: